Member’s Agreement and Release
Consistent with my desire to take personal responsibility for my conduct, individually and as a member of a Toastmasters club, I agree to abide by the principles contained in A Toastmaster’s Promise, the Toastmasters International Governing Documents, and my club. I will refrain from any form of discrimination, harassment, bullying, derogatory, illegal, or unethical conduct, and I understand that if I engage in such conduct, I may be responsible to reimburse Toastmasters International, my club or other clubs, or other individuals involved with Toastmasters, for any damages, losses, or costs resulting from my conduct. Understanding that Toastmasters
programs are conducted by volunteers who cannot be effectively screened or supervised by Toastmasters International or its clubs, I release and discharge Toastmasters International, its clubs, governing bodies, officers, employees, agents, and representatives from any liability for the intentional or negligent acts or omissions of any member or officer of my club or other clubs, or any officer of Toastmasters International. Should a dispute of some nature arise, I expressly agree to resolve all disputes, claims, and charges relating to Toastmasters, Districts, clubs, and Toastmasters members in accordance with Protocol 3.0: Ethics and Conduct.
By submitting this application, I expressly agree to the following:
- The collection, use, and processing of the personal information I provide to Toastmasters in this Membership Application for the purposes of organization administration, payment of my dues, and inclusion of my contact information in a members’ directory that will be distributed to members and employees of Toastmasters. In addition, the collection, use, and processing of my personal information collected by Toastmasters International through Toastmasters’ website and by electronic communications.
- That my information may be accessed and used by Toastmasters, its employees and agents, District leaders, and club officers.
- Maintain changes to my personal contact information to ensure it is accurate and current by updating my personal profile page located on the Toastmasters International website: www.toastmasters.org/Login. I understand that the majority of the data requested in this application is necessary for administrative and planning purposes.
A Toastmaster’s Promise
As a member of Toastmasters International and my club, I promise
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my projects to the best of my ability, basing them on the Toastmasters education program
- To prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters education and recognition programs
- To act within Toastmasters’ core values of integrity, respect, service, and excellence during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities